NMC Recordings was originally set up in 1989 as New Music Cassettes, releasing recordings on both compact disc and cassette. As the company stopped releasing cassettes, this soon became obsolete, and in 1993 the name was changed to NMC Recordings.
If you would like to receive our monthly e-newsletter alerting you to new releases, special offers and other events please click here and enter your email address.
If you would like to leave the list, simply log in to your account at http://nmc.greedbag.com/subscribe/ and click ‘remove’. Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘unsubscribe’ and we’ll do it for you.
NMC Recordings was set up with funding from the Holst Foundation to record, distribute and promote the music of British contemporary composers. That said, some of our compilation discs do include short works by non-British composers; and more substantial recordings of contemporary non-British works may be a possibility in the future.
No; one of NMC's aims is to act as an archive of recorded British music, so all recordings remain permanently available.
• Mid-length CDs usually of 20-40 minutes (UK RRP £8.99)
• Sampler CDs with short excerpts of our releases (UK RRP £3.99)
Probably our most frequently asked question of all …The blue sheep dates back to an advertising campaign and sampler in 1996 (see timeline), which showed a field of white sheep facing one way, with a solitary blue sheep facing the other – going its own way. We rather liked the sheep and felt it represented the ethos of NMC so we've used it ever since.
1) Statistics Basic statistics are gathered from those who visit this site; this includes information such as the country from which your internet connection originates and the computer/browser combination you are using. We use these details to make sure that the site works with the browsers and computers you are using. If you encounter any problems viewing our website, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
2) Mailing list We will not disclose your information to any third parties. You can add and remove your address on the mailing list page and we also provide links to unsubscribe in every message we send.
3) Shopping online Visit http://nmc.greedbag.com/help/privacy.html for more information.
4) Cookies There is just one cookie used on the NMC Recordings site. It simply sets a marker as to whether or not you wish to see the flash version of the site menu. It contains no personal information and lasts for just one month. If you have any further questions, get in touch.
Please read these Terms of Service agreement carefully. Your use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your agreement to this Terms of Service agreement.
NMC Recordings reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. For updated Terms, please refer to this site occasionally for any changes.
User Submissions - comments
Comments or other interactive areas on the NMC Recordings website are provided to give users a forum to share their content, ideas, opinions and information. NMC Recordings does not endorse or check the accuracy of the content posted as Comments. NMC Recordings does not and cannot review every message posted by users in Comments. NMC Recordings reserves the right, but is not obligated, to delete, move or edit content, in whole or in part, submitted by you as a Comment for any reason.
The categorisations used in the NMC Music Map are a result of personal opinions held within NMC Recordings and are not intended to be rigid or authoritative musicological demarcations. The map is an interactive tool which looks at the myriad relationships between composers, their influences and their work which we hope will encourage exploration and discovery of contemporary classical music. We welcome comments and suggestions throughout the development period of this innovative tool.
This site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because NMC Recordings has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that your use of Third party web sites and resources, including without limitation, your use of any content, information, data, advertising, products, or other materials on or available through such web sites and resources, is at your own risk and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of use applicable to such sites and resources.
NMC Recordings shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to or from the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to do any of the following while using the NMC Recordings website:
- harass, stalk or otherwise abuse another user
- transmit or otherwise make available any content that is false, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, disparaging, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by NMC Recordings in its sole discretion);
- transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful or infringes, violates or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade identity right, trade secret, publicity right, privacy right, copyright or any other intellectual property or any other rights of any third party;
- transmit or otherwise make available through the NMC Recordings website any personal advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or sale of any products.
Any dispute between You and Us regarding these Terms shall be resolved under the Law of England and Wales regardless of where You reside or view the NMC Recordings website. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve any dispute.
These Terms are effective from January 01, 2010.