Q&A with composer David Sawer #Objects
7 September 2015
1) What was it that drew you to the object in the Science Museum that you picked for this project?
2) Is there a certain musical effect/technique you have used to help bring this object/space to life?
Rhythm and colour.
3) Your piece is going to be premiered at the Science Museum in October in a unique walk-through concert with Aurora Orchestra. What are you most looking forward to about this event?
Everything. The performance, the atmosphere and the acoustic.
4) What is the value of a project like this linking two disciplines (science & music)? Can one enhance the appreciation of the other?
Science can invent, music can reveal.
5) What bit of science/technology could you not live without?
David Sawer's science-themed playlist
The Objects at an Exhibition concert will take place at 7:45pm at the Science Museum on Saturday 3 October 2015. Further details of the event and the complete 6-track album can be found here.
All entries in chronological order
7 November 2019
24 October 2019
17 October 2019
10 October 2019
3 October 2019
1 October 2019
26 September 2019
19 September 2019
12 September 2019
5 September 2019