- 01. American Rounds: I2'43"
- 02. American Rounds: II4'09"
- 03. American Rounds: III3'33"
- 04. American Rounds: IV2'55"
- 05. Siward's River Song5'43"
- 06. Suzanne's River Song4'46"
- 07. Nathaniel's Mobile9'07"
- 08. Funerailles16'03"
- 09. Two Scarlatti Sonatas: Sonata in D major K 1192'28"
- 10. Two Scarlatti Sonatas: Sonata in E major K 2154'34"
- 11. Sequenza Notturna11'37"
- 12. Walden Snow3'17"
William Howard and the Schubert Ensemble in Martin Butler's piano quintet American Rounds, and other chamber music, plus Funerailles - Butler's major new work for solo piano - and arrangements of two Scarlatti sonatas.
"Charm, wit, unpretentiousness - these are not qualities that prevail in much new music that finds its way onto record, but prevail they do in the chamber pieces by Martin Butler featured on his album 'American Rounds'. The enjoyable title work ... gives the lowdown on hoe-down, taking an amused and amusing look at folksy clichés and their perpetrators, from Aaron Copland to John Adams, but doing so entirely without cynicism."
Paul Griffiths, Words and Music
Recording date: 8-10 June 2006
Recording venue: Champs Hill, West Sussex
Engineer / Producer: David Lefeber
Editing & mastering: David Lefeber
Cover image: Francois Hall
(P) 2007 NMC Recordings Ltd