The Schubert Ensemble has established itself over 28 years as one of the world’s leading exponents of music for piano and strings. Regularly giving over 50 concerts a year, the Ensemble has performed in over 40 different countries. In 1998 the Ensemble’s contribution to British musical life was recognized by the Royal Philharmonic Society when it presented the group with the Best Chamber Ensemble Award, for which it was shortlisted again in 2010.
- 01. Joe Cutler: Jiggadybox3'22"
- 02. Nicola LeFanu: Miniature 1'38"
- 03. Nicola LeFanu: Canon 2'15"
- 04. Martin Butler: Spring Rounds2'40"
- 05. Joseph Phibbs: Trio Semplice I1'17"
- 06. Joseph Phibbs: Trio Semplice II1'32"
- 07. Joseph Phibbs: Trio Semplice III1'21"
- 08. Rachel Stott: Serendipity and Household Objects1'45"
- 09. Judith Bingham: Mystery of Boranup2'13"
- 10. David Sawer: Riddle1'09"
- 11. Peter Sculthorpe: From the River4'18"
- 12. Victor Steinhardt: Piano Quartet - I4'31"
- 13. Wendy Hiscocks: Vibrancy2'40"
- 14. Graham Fitkin: MacGuffin4'35"
- 15. Edward Dudley Hughes: Secret Sky4'03"
- 16. Michael Finnissy: Bright Future Ignoring Dark Past3'13"
- 17. Adam Gorb: Bittersweet3'23"
- 18. Peter Copley: Miniature Overture2'37"
- 19. Cecilia MacDowall: A Draught of Fishes3'17"
- 20. Geoffrey Poole: Look Behind You5'00"
Following on from a white room, Bright Future features more works from Chamber Music 2000 project, with composers including Michael Finnissy, Joe Cutler, Judith Bingham and Nicola LeFanu.
"Committed playing throughout by the Schubert Ensemble... those who've already acquired the earlier volume need not hesitate: an ideal starting-point to experience the rewards of Chamber Music 2000."
Recording date: 13, 20 and 21 November 2002
Recording venue: Champs Hill, West Sussex
Engineer & Producer: David Lefeber
Editing & mastering: David Lefeber
Cover image: Francois Hall
(P) 2003 NMC Recordings Ltd