The Schubert Ensemble has established itself over 28 years as one of the world’s leading exponents of music for piano and strings. Regularly giving over 50 concerts a year, the Ensemble has performed in over 40 different countries. In 1998 the Ensemble’s contribution to British musical life was recognized by the Royal Philharmonic Society when it presented the group with the Best Chamber Ensemble Award, for which it was shortlisted again in 2010.
- 01. Judith Weir: Arise, arise! you slumbering sleepers2'33"
- 02. David Knotts: Coyote Star Song2'15"
- 03. Howard Skempton: La gora di mulino1'39"
- 04. Piers Hellawell: a white room1'34"
- 05. Philip Cashian: music for the night sky5'08"
- 06. Rory Boyle: Campani in Aria3'33"
- 07. Gerald Barry: snow is white1'57"
- 08. Elena Firsova: Frozen Time6'28"
- 09. John Woolrich: toccata/ calmo/ nocturnal4'03"
- 10. Edward Rushton: Combat in the Year Thousand6'05"
- 11. David Matthews: Y Deryn Du2'02"
- 12. Pavel Novak: Year of a Bird2'34"
- 13. Owen Leech: when the moon rises4'16"
- 14. Colin Matthews: Waltz1'29"
- 15. Colin Matthews: March1'21"
- 16. Sally Beamish: HAUNTED HOUSE1'35"
- 17. Stephen Warbeck: Less Fighting3'48"
- 18. Daryl Runswick: Follow, Follow4'23"
- 19. Roxanna Panufnik: Let Me B2'59"
- 20. Jean Hasse: Next Dance3'10"
Commissions for young and amateur musicians from The Schubert Ensemble's Chamber Music 2000 project
"Definitive performances from the Schubert Ensemble, beautifully recorded."
The Strad 2001
Recording date: 24-25 November 1999
Recording venue: St Silas Church, Chalk Farm, London
Engineer & Producer: David Lefeber
Editing & mastering: David Lefeber
Cover image: Francois Hall
(P) 2001 NMC Recordings Ltd