Taking music by composer Kate Whitley as a starting point, this FREE app features a specially devised remix by Olugbenga Adelekan of Mercury Prize nominees Metronomy.
- Provides software for students to create their own remixes
- Designed to meet KS3 & KS4 curriculum
- Compatible with desktop, smartphone, and tablet
- Includes lesson plans for teachers, and instructional video
- Submit your finished remix, with the best featured on NMC’s website
Students from Castledon School, Basildon, Essex, used the app during a lesson. This is what they thought:
"I liked how it worked straightaway and I liked playing with the different effects and seeing what they did."
"I liked the panning. With my headphones on
it was really cool."
"The different colours helped me understand what was happening."
"The filter was my favourite because it completely changed the sound."